Presented by national and international medical and allied healthcare experts in their field, on a range of topics related to LCHF nutrition and its implementation into clinical practice. A course developed by Nurses, for Nurses!
The training comprises core and specialty modules.
- Core modules provide a sound, foundational knowledge base of LCHF nutrition and treatment, from the latest and most up-to-date research.
- Specialty modules provide more advanced learning in relation to LCHF nutrition, within a number of specific clinical practice settings
- LCHF – an overview
- Obesity, Metabolic syndrome, and insulin resistance
- Treating obesity with LCHF
- Nurses – agents of change
- LCHF – a patients perspective
- Midwifery (pregnancy, gestational diabetes, breastfeeding)
- Wound care
- Clinical Implementation
- Patient education
Please note, enrolment gains you access to all of the above modules.
The course is presented as a series of online, self-study, learning modules (modules approx 45mins each)
Each module includes:
- Topic outline & learning objectives
- Expert speaker presentation/lecture
- Downloadable resources and references for relevant journal articles and literature.
Who should do the course?
The course has been specifically designed for:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Private Nurse Practitioners
- Diabetic Nurse Educators
- Registered Nurses
The training is worth 15 Continued Professional Development hours. We have been accredited by The CPD Standards Office.
The majority of proceeds from this course will contribute towards Eat Better South Africa and its educational work in underserved communities.