New Online Professional Training Launching 30 November 2018
The Nutrition Network is excited to announce the launch of their latest online professional training for medical and allied healthcare practitioners wishing to advance their understanding of the Low Carbohydrate High Fat diet, and its role in clinical practice: LCHF in Clinical Practice.
The training will go live on the 30th of November 2018.
This training has been developed in response to the amazing feedback received after the launch of our flagship online training Professional Training in LCHF/Keto Nutrition & Treatment (‘original training’), released in May earlier this year. Since the launch of this training, the Nutrition Network has released a course developed specifically for nurses: LCHF for Nurses, which was created to meet the clinical education and training needs of nurses, working within a range of specialist clinical practice areas. The Nutrition Network team is currently working on a course developed specifically for Dietitians, as well as a Coaching course for non-medical persons – these courses are due to be released in early 2019.
The latest training, LCHF in Clinical Practice, features an exceptional line-up of both national and international speakers and the curriculum covers a wide range of important and relevant topics in the field of LCHF Nutrition.
The training comprises of Core and Elective Modules:
- Core modules provide a sound, foundational knowledge base of LCHF nutrition and treatment, from the latest and most up to date research. There are 3 Core modules in total, which will be released in intervals:
- Evolutionary & Scientific Evidence – released 30/11/2018
- LCHF for Practical Medical Applications – released early 2019
- Prescribing LCHF in Clinical Practice – released early 2019
Elective Speciality Modules
- Elective speciality modules provide more advanced learning in relation to LCHF nutrition, within a number of specific clinical practice settings. There are 7 Elective modules in total, due to be released in 2019.
- Diabetes Reversal
- Insulin Resistance
- Physiology & Biochemistry
- Integrated Approach
- Ethics & Law
LCHF in Clinical Practice is excellent next step for those who have already completed the original training, however, completion of the first training is not a pre-requisite for registration.
The format of the content
The training is made up of video lectures with supporting documents such as the speakers PowerPoint presentation and reference list.
Who is eligible to do the training?
- Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Midwives, Diabetes Educators
- Nutritionists, Nutrition Therapy Practitioners
- Banting / LCHF / Keto Coaches *
- LCHF / Wellness / Mind-Body / Health Coaches *
- Those who have completed the original training
* Must have received a certification from a recognized institution.
Module 1: Evolutionary & Scientific Evidence is due to launch on the 30th of November, 2018. Pre-register for the course by visiting www.nutrition-network.org/apply-now/ and select ‘‘LCHF in Clinical Practice’’ from the drop-down menu on the application. We will notify you whether your application has been successful.
- Evolutionary & Scientific Evidence – $250 (R2500 for South African citizens)
- LCHF for Practical Medical Applications – $250 (R2500 for South African citizens)
- Prescribing LCHF in Clinical Practice – $250 (R2500 for South African citizens)
Bundle rate of $650 for all three modules.
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: $50 off the price of each module, or $500 for the bundle, until 31 December 2018.
Testing & timelines
You may start the course at any time, and work through the content completely at your own pace. Each module is approximately 10 hours of learning.
There is no official test, however, there is a Module Feedback Form at the end of each module which requires you to reflect on the content and describe how you would apply it in your practice. There are also ways in which we test whether the full video has been watched.
Our CPD application with The CPD Standards Office is pending.
You will be issued with a Certificate of Completion at the end of the training – this certificate differs to the Certificate offered by the original training. Completion of all 3 Modules, plus completion of the original training/nurses training, provides candidates with an advanced stamp and a priority listing on our Wall of LCHF Practitioners on the Nutrition Network website.
If you have any questions about this training, please email [email protected]