Nutrition Practitioner Certification Path
After a lot of planning and research, we are happy to finally share with you the path medical and allied healthcare practitioners can take in order to be accredited as a Nutrition Practitioner™, signifying that you have acquired the highest level of knowledge and skill in the field of low carbohydrate high fat nutrition and are recognized as a certified practitioner.
Further to this, we are exploring the likelihood of this becoming a postgraduate degree in partnership with an international institution in the future.
The process entails the following:
1. Complete one of the following Professional Trainings:
a) Professional Training in LCHF/Ketogenic Nutrition & Treatment – 23 CPD hours
c) LCHF for Dietitians – Coming soon
2. Complete required modules of the Advanced course: LCHF in Clinical Practice
- All three Core Modules
- Evolutionary & Scientific Evidence
- LCHF for Practical Medical Applications
- Prescribing LCHF in Clinical Practice
CPD for the above is pending, anticipated to receive between 5 & 10 CPD hours
* Completion of all three modules provides a priority listing on the Nutrition Network Practitioners Page.
- At least three Elective Modules (released in 2019, CPD pending)
- Diabetes Reversal
- Insulin Resistance
- Physiology & Biochemistry
- Integrated Approach
- Ethics & Law
3. Private/small group mentorship with a Nutrition Network Medical Coach
Sessions will include the following:
- Discussion of the latest scientific findings/publications
- Common patient challenges and how to overcome them
- Case studies
4. Patient case study
Documentation of prescribing LCHF to a real patient/client, facilitated by one of the Medical Coaches.
- Record of consultation, recommendations, testing, coaching and any troubleshooting
5. Final written paper
A written paper on a topic agreed upon by the student and Medical Coach, demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of the physiology and science supporting LCHF nutrition.
The process is outlined below: