ADVANCED ONLINE TRAINING
Professional online training for medical and allied health practitioners wishing to advanced their understanding of the Low Carbohydrate High Fat diet, and its role in clinical practice.
The course is presented as a series of online, self-study, learning modules.
Each module includes:
- Topic outline, learning objectives and lecture summary
- Expert speaker presentation
- Downloadable resources and references for relevant journal articles and literature
Core modules provide a sound, foundational knowledge base of LCHF nutrition and treatment, from the latest and most up to date research.
Elective speciality modules provide more advanced learning in relation to LCHF nutrition, within a number of specific clinical practice settings. Elective modules are sold separately.
Prof Tim Noakes
Zoe Harcombe PhD
Dr Michael Hoffman
Dr Jason Fung
Caryn Zinn, RD
Amy Berger, NTP
Dr Neville Wellington
Dr Bret Scher
Lily Nichols, RN
Dr Hassina Kajee
Dr Brian Lenzkes
Tamzyn Murphy, RD
Dr Neville Wellington
- Module 1: Evolutionary and Scientific Evidence
- Module 2: LCHF for Practical Medical Applications
- Module 3: Prescribing LCHF in Clinical Practice
- Diabetes Reversal
- Insulin Resistance
- Physiological & Biochemistry
- Integrated Approach
- Ethics & Law
The training is made up of video lectures with supporting documents such as the speakers PowerPoint presentation and reference list.
Who should do the course?
- Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Midwives, Diabetes Educators
- Nutritionists, Nutrition Therapy Practitioners
- Banting / LCHF / Keto Coaches *
- LCHF / Wellness / Mind-Body / Health Coaches *
- Those who have completed the original training*
* Must have received a certification from a recognized institution.
Register for the course by visiting www.nutrition-network.org/apply-now/ and select ‘LCHF in Clinical Practice’ from the drop-down menu on the application. We will notify you whether your application has been successful.
- Evolutionary & Scientific Evidence – $250 (R2500 for South African citizens)
- LCHF for Practical Medical Applications – $250 (R2500 for South African citizens)
- Prescribing LCHF in Clinical Practice – $250 (R2500 for South African citizens)
Bundle rate of $650 for all three modules.
Timeline & Testing
You may start the course at any time, and work through the content completely at your own pace. Each module is approximately 10 hours of learning.
There is no official test, however, there is a Module Feedback Form at the end of each module which requires you to reflect on the content and describe how you would apply it in your practice. There are also ways in which we test whether the full video has been watched.
Certificate of completion
You will be issued with a Certificate of Completion once you have completed all 3 Core Modules – this certificate differs to the Certificate offered by the original training. Completion of all 3 Modules, plus completion of the original training/nurses training, provides candidates with an advanced stamp and a priority listing on our Wall of LCHF Practitioners on the Nutrition Network website.
Module 1 & 3 of the training are worth 10 CPD (Continued Professional Development) hours and Module 2 is worth 12 CPD hours, therefore the bundle of modules is worth 32 CPD hours. The Nutrition Network has been accredited by The CPD Standards Office, and we have been assured that the accreditation is recognized and respected internationally. Formal CPD Standards certificates are issued and accepted in a multitude of countries and across all professional sectors.
The team at The Nutrition Network in partnership with their extensive national and international network of doctors, scientists and researchers
Become a Nutrition Practitioner (TM)